Dr.The goal is to learn, about who we are, what is happening, how can we heal our body with knowledge of our inner self. Emotionally affects physical and both need to work together. It is our desire and commitment to help others. articipate
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (FL)
- Dr. Odalys Waugh is a bi-lingual (English/Spanish) Licensed Mental Health Counselor with over 15 years of clinical experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. Focusing on individual strengths, Dr. Waugh believes that all individuals have the ability to heal themselves with the use of appropriate interventions. She uses an authentic, direct, collaborative and interactive approach when working with clients of all ages and backgrounds. Her expertise includes: depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, grief and loss, stress management, self-esteem, parenting support, career issues, LGBTQ, OCD, substance abuse, and family counseling.Dr. Waugh is also a Board Certified Clinical Sexologist and works with individuals and couples. She is a specialist in clinical sexology and treats sexual disorder issues in both women and men. She offers relationship counseling, as well as sex counseling, in a nonjudgmental way, by looking at the biological, sociological and psychological issues that may be affecting individuals or couples.
- Dr. Waugh obtained a Bachelor of Liberal Science degree in Behavioral Sciences from Barry University in 1998. In 2002, she graduated with a dual-masters degree in Mental Health Counseling and Marriage & Family Therapy. She completed her clinical practicum and internship at Miami Children's Hospital, Psychiatric Unit. In 2007, Dr. Waugh obtained her Ph.D in Clinical Sexuality and became certified with the American Academy of Clinical Sexology. Dr. Waugh's therapeutic goal is to assist clients in developing insight and awareness so that individuals can learn to manage their symptoms and develop healthy coping skills which will lead to a more enjoyable and gratifying life, a life in which one is able to fully participate
- Board Certified Clinical Sexologist
- Doctorate in Clinical Sexologist
- Licensed mental health counselor
- masters in marriage and Family therapy